I made this no fuss no frills curry for the same reason. It is easy to make and really yummy to eat.
- 1 cup kidney beans or rajma soaked in warm water overnight
- A handful of methi leaves chopped finely
- 1 medium onion
- 7 to 8 flakes of garlic
- 4 to 5 cloves
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 2 to 3 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 to 2 tsp garam masala powder
- a pinch of asafoetida or hing
- 1/2 cup curds or yoghurt
- 2 tsp oil
- salt to taste
Pressure cook rajma and methi leaves together. Heat oil in a pan and add the cumin seeds. Once they begin to change color add the cloves and bay leaf. Fry for a minute and let the oil soak up some of the aroma of the spices. Now add the chopped onion and chopped garlic.
Add the turmeric, hing, red chilli powder and garam masala powder. Now pour the pressure cooked kidney beans and methi into the pan. Add salt to taste and the beaten yoghurt. Serve hot with chappati or rice.
And not to forget….