- 1 and 1/2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3/4th tsp mustard seeds
- 6 curry leaves
- 1/2 tsp split black gram
- 3 tbsp finely chopped onion
- 1 green chilli chopped
- 1 tsp ginger, grated
- 1 tbsp green mango grated (optional)
- salt, to taste
- 1 small tomato chopped
- 1 cup butterbeans, washed and soaked overnight and then cooked in a pressure cooker
- 1 tsp lemon or lime juice or to taste
- 2 tbsp grated coconut
Heat the oil in a wok. Add the mustard seeds. Wait until they crackle and then add the curry leaves and black gram. Cook till the lentils color a little. Add the onion and chilli and cook till they turn soft and translucent.
Add the ginger, green mango, salt and tomato and cook, for about two to three minutes. Stir frequently. Add the butter beans, lemon juice and coconut and cook for 4 to 5 minutes. Serve hot or warm as a snack. Alternatively, leave to cool a little and stir in some salad leaves.