The world didn’t. My cake looked horrible. Lumpy and flat. It tasted good though, and it seemed a shame to throw it away altogether. So to salvage the cake (and my dignity) I decided to turn it into a different dessert. And because it is a hotchpotch of all things I found, I am calling it Hotchpotch!
This is what I did. I didn’t have pictures though. 😦
- Sponge cake
- Mango ice-cream
- Strawberry sauce
- Kellogg’s honey loops (or any other breakfast cereal)
- Cut the cake into cubes.
- Place the cubes in a tall glass.
- Pour strawberry sauce over the cake.
- Scoop the ice cream into the glass on top of the cake.
- Pour another drizzle of strawberry sauce on the mango ice cream.
- If the glass is REALLY tall, repeat the steps from 1 to 5.
- Finally add the honey loops or any other crispy cereal and serve!