- 1 chocolate sponge cake divided into two (you can find my sponge cake recipe on this blog here: )
- 3 cups whipped cream
- half tin canned cherries
- cherry syrup
- chocolate shavings to garnish
- Slice the sponge cake mid-way into two. Place the lower half on a serving plate.
- Pour some of the canned cherries’ syrup on the lower half to soak it.
- Use 1/3rd the whipping cream to cover the top of the lower half. Sprinkle half the chopped cherries on the whipped cream.
- Place the second half of chocolate cake on the first. Once again repeat the steps from 1 to 3. Garnish with chocolate shavings, decorate with more swirls of whipped cream and top it off with a few whole cherries.
- Serve chilled.