Today I finally made it, and he is one happy bloke. Thanks to Sahana for the recipe.
- 1 half dry coconut (sukka khobra)
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds (I always prefer the unpolished variety)
- 5 dry red chillies (or more if you like it hot)
- 15 to 20 smallish pods of garlic
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp Kashmiri red chilli powder (for the lovely red color)
- salt to taste
Dry roast the dry coconut, sesame seeds and red chillies separately. Keep stirring to avoid burning.
Heat the oil and add the garlic and roast till the pods turn slightly brown.
Dry grind them along with Kashmiri red chilli powder and salt.
Serve with a little oil, as an accompaniment to paranthas, or jowar or bajra bhakri.