I bought this steam sterilizer seven months ago, and I am still using it each and every day. Here is my opinion about this particular steriliser.
- Fairly simple to use, with instructions given in simple language.
- The plug is of American design and needs a special adapted to use in India. The adapter is not very expensive and can be easily procured for about Rs. 50 from most hardware stores.
- The metal plate where you place water for steaming needs only mineral water or distilled water, otherwise it readily forms salt deposits which are very difficult to remove. They have given a method in their manual, using vinegar to remove the deposits, and it works too, but it doesn’t take more than three to four days for the heavy deposit to form again. Eventually you give up trying to remove the salt deposits.
- Over time the base plate has begin giving a little zing every time you touch it. It gets irritating after a while.
- As far as sterilisation is concerned, it has done a good job for the last seven months.
- It takes about 15 minutes from start to end, but satisfactorily sterilises almost all baby equipment.
- Priced at Rs. 3495, it is ever so slightly on the higher range. There are sterilisers which fall in the price range of Rs. 2000 to Rs. 2500 and in hindsight, I might have bought one of those.
- Just about okay. I would give it 3 stars.