I felt my taste buds tingle with excitement today. This recipe was so deceptively simple. As a matter of fact, there was no recipe. I used whatever I had, and it turned out such that my mother-in-law appreciated it.
Now THAT, ladies and gentlemen, is a big, huge, gigantic deal!
Here’s what I used:
- 4 red chilli peppers
- 3/4th cup cottage cheese (paneer) grated
- 3/4th cup cheddar cheese grated
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp thick Arrabiata sauce
Here’s what you need to do:
- Clean and dry the chillies.
- Make a slit along the long axis of each chilli pepper.
- Open the pepper along the slit, and remove as many seeds as you can. (If you like it hot, keep the seeds.) ((If you have a baby, please don’t forget to wash your hands!)
- Mix the cottage and cheddar cheeses with the Arrabbiata sauce, and lemon juice. Cheddar cheese is salty by itself, and the sauce has salt too. There is no need to add any more salt lest the stuffing get too… well… salty!
- Fill the stuffing inside the chilli’s belly.
- Place the chillies in a microwave safe dish. Drizzle a little olive oil (optional)
- Set the microwave at high power for three minutes.
- The cheese will have bubbled out of the chillies. Just use a spoon to put it back where it belongs.
- Serve hot!
I cheated. This is the ‘before’ picture. The after was so yummy it got polished off the plate before I could say ‘Stop!’
Here’s a picture of Sayalee wearing that dress I upcycled earlier.
And here she is with her Aaji.
Please do let me know what do you think. Of both. The recipe and the baby 😉