Everyone knows Mom’s food is always the best. I have been begging my mother to write recipes for my blog, and I have finally succeeded in getting her to do so.
This is her first recipe for my blog. I am only depressed as I didn’t get to taste any. Damn!
What you will need:
- 4-5 pieces of paya (goat hooves) cleaned and cut in pieces (Note – Ask the butcher to do this for you as it is a very tedious process)
- 1 medium size onion, finely chopped
- 1tbsp ginger-garlic-green chilli paste
- 5-6 cloves
- 8-10whole black peppercorns
- 1″ piece of cinnamon
- 3-4 green cardamom
- 2 tsp coriander seeds
- 2 tsp cumin (jeera) seeds
- 1/2cup sour curd
- 1 tsp red chilli powder(optional)
- 1tsp turmeric powder
- 2-3 tbsp. oil
- salt to taste
- juice of 1 lemon
- fresh coriander leaves (to garnish)
For the marinade
- 1tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1tsp.turmeric powder
- 1tbsp sour curd
- Clean the hooves thoroughly and marinate for 1/2 an hr.
- Dry roast all whole spices and grind them to a fine powder
- Heat the oil in heavy bottomed pan (preferably pressure cooker)
- Saute the onion till it turns golden brown
- Add ginger-garlic-green chilli paste and saute for a minute.
- Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder and the ground spices powder
- Saute for 1 minute.
- Add sour curd. Saute till the oil is released from the gravy.
- Add paya with the marinade and mix thoroughly.
- Add 3-4 cups of water
- Cover the pressure cooker or use a lid on the pan and cook on medium heat for 30-45 min.
- Add salt to taste
- Add juice of 1 lemon
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves
- Serve steaming hot with bread.
Refresh your taste buds with this zingy recipe.
Dr. Leena Korgaonkar (AKA Mom!)
- A Summer Delicacy (rinibiswas.wordpress.com)
- From Batter to Fry (flashpopsen.wordpress.com)
- Wheat Rava Vegetable Pulav (neeluskitchen.wordpress.com)
- Paneer Mutter Curry (casuallycookingwithbinu.wordpress.com)