Have you ever wanted those cute but expensive craft stamps available in the craft store? What if I told you that you could very easily make some yourself?
Yep. With erasers.
Carve them to get assorted stamps for your little one to enjoy this summer.
Let them weave stories with their assorted stamps.
Things you’ll need
- Craft cutter/ exacto knife/ Topaz blade (I know I still have one stashed away for my sewing projects)
- Make the outline of a cute picture on your eraser.
- Now with the exacto knife or blade, make an incision along the outline of the image.
- Make small vertical cuts, about 2 mm deep starting from the outline of the image to the outer edge of the eraser.
- Slide your blade in horizontally about 2 mm from the surface. This way, you will get rid of a little bit of the eraser and the pattern will begin to stand out.
Keep doing this and you will have your stamps ready in no time at all.
Time it took me: 30 minutes to make four stamps. Two large and two small.
Cost: Rs. 20/- if you are using new material. Me? I had lotsa erasers lying around, and the blade I already had. So my cost? Zero, zip, zilch!
Fun? You bet they are 🙂
There’s my girl having some fun with the stamps. One is a bus, and the other indecipherable image is a tweety bird. I know it doesn’t look like it from this angle, but it is, it is.
Go ahead and make your own. Older kids can do this activity on their own, younger kids may help in making the drawing and the stamping. Cutting, obviously not!
Happy DIYing y’all!
While you are at it, why not go and check out some of my favorite bloggers who are also participating in the A to Z Blogging Challenge?
Indian American Mom – This is one cool Mom! For every letter of the day, Roshni researches weird words beginning with that letter and uses them in sentences to make a post which is both fun and enlightening to read.
Juzt A Mom – Just like her name, Sfurti is very energetic and youthful, and all this vitality is evident in her Haikus. She is also participating in the National Poetry Writing Month. Show her some blog love 🙂
Diary of a Doting Mom – Shailaja is to just a mom, she is a blogger and an all rounder. She writes fiction and non fiction with equal ease and flawlessness.
Lucky to have found some great blogs thanks to this challenge. Tomorrow I will share some more blogs I found extremely interesting 🙂
This post has been written for the A to Z Blogging Challenge.
Also linking it to the