My first post of the year 2014. Late, late, late as usual. Blame it on the habit of procrastination. One which I plan to change this year… yep. These are not just resolutions, but small goals towards which I will take definite steps. I have written them down in my journal, which allows me to look at them, see them and imbibe them as and when I want to, but this is my way of releasing them into the universe. So that at the end of the year, I will not only be able to assess how much I was able to achieve, but also give me a rather lengthy post to write 😛
How did this begin? Last year, my friend and mentor, and a super amazing woman Swapna Thomas of The Mom Views and Mom Biz Cafe, introduced me to the lovely Leonie Dawson. Her post about 6 Women Entrepreneurs to follow, inspired me to try and live my life in a better way than I was living. Swapna asked me to write one post about how my ideal day would look like, and it prompted me further to write about what my ideal year would look like. This is just one of those exercises which stretches your mind to believe more than your brain figures out.
So here goes:
1. Take at least 1 weekend by myself. (minus the hubby and the kids)
2. Bake at least 1 four tiered cake
3. Take the kids down to the garden and have picnics at least 6 times, and celebrate a painting day, picnic day, games day, crafts day, lazy day, and temporary tattoo day.
4. Make at least three paintings to frame and put up on the walls
5. Ask for a painting (made by the person themselves) as a birthday gift
6. Read at least 3 self help books
7. Write an e-book
8. Have “a picture a day” post on Mind Brew. Starting today, I post one beautiful photograph I find on the internet and my thoughts about it.
9. Detailed theme-based birthday party planning for Saee and Sayalee
10. Go on three romantic dates with the hubbs
11. Paint at least one room by myself.
12. Make a large photo print of hubbs, bubbs and me to put up in the living room
13. Get a beauty treatment once every month
14. Get three foot massages
15. Get two full body massages
16. Make three new friends
17. Have a “women and kids only” day out. Go to the water park and have fun
18. Visit Adlabs Imagica
19. Inculcate 12 new good habits this year
20. Save x amount of money each month
21. Put x amount of money in bubbs’ accounts
22. Get Sal’s passport ready
23. Save up for a trip abroad in 2o15
24. Learn how to budget well for the home and business
25. Sit with hubbs and understand all the policy documents
26. Lose 15 kgs
27. Reduce tea to two cups a day
28. Learn a new cuisine
29. Try Sushi
30. Write one short story every month
31. Make my business plan
32. Practice a song for hubbs and sing it for him.
33. Go scuba diving
34. Wear a swimming costume and go swimming
35. Learn to drive and get my driving license.
36. Knit a sweater for Sal.
37. Knit one for the hubbs.
38. Scrub my face twice a month
39. Moisturize every night before I go to bed
40. Brush Sal’s teeth (as hard as it may be) twice a day.
41. Establish a hair care regimen
42. Make a folder for next year
43.Have an overnight stay at a friend’s place with the kids
44. Grow my business to make x amount in profits
45. Let go of “approval-needing”
46. Have theme months
47. Simple exercises at home for four days a week
48. Enjoy exercising
49. Meditate at least three times a week
50. Enjoy writing once again
51. Get a pair of high heeled shoes “Tick-Tock”
52. Make chocolate walnut fudge
53. Begin and finish gratitude journal
54. Make artistic wall hangings
55. Make colorful bead curtains
56. Embroider a dress for Saee
57. Embroider a blankee for Sal.
58. Find my friends’ circle here in Thane
59. Learn to enjoy and love life
60. Make my online wedding album
61. Make wedding album collage
62. Make an online childhood album of hubbs and me.
63. Plant and nurture a chilli plant again
64. PLant and nurture a tomato plant again
65. Plant my own coriander and eggplants
66. Plant a rose plant
67. Tell a stranger they look beautiful. (Adopted this one from Leonie Dawson- a super amazing woman)
68. Help 3 old people
69. Visit an orphanage and find out how I can help them
70. Find and establish at least one family tradition
71. Let go of books you never read anymore
72. Design my own stickers and fridge magnets
73. Find a way to plan Saee’s day for her
74. Get a permanent tattoo
75. Listen to my favorite music everyday
76. Do at least one stage performance
77. Focus on eating healthy
78.Attend a parenting workshop
79. Learn pottery
80. Make at least one glass painting
81. Learn scrapbooking and make at least one scrapbook
82. Make a frame with quilled paper art
83. Read my goals at least once everyday
84. Learn to use the law of attraction
85. Visualize the good things in life
86. Make a vision board
87. Stay on track with my goals
88.Focus on my inner strengths
89. Visualize my ideal home
90. have one self planning retreat
91. Have two vacations this year
92. Improvise the blog content
93. Learn to make the pani puri from scratch
94. Learn to make pasta from scratch
95. Cut out sugar from my diet as much as possible
97. Find three home remedies that work
98. Learn a magic trick
99. Paint my toenails and keep them looking good
100. Stay positive.
I hope I am able to inspire someone, anyone to live their life the way they want to. I hope I am able to achieve everything that I have chalked out for this year.
11 thoughts on “100 Personal Goals for 2014”
This is the sweetest post ever! I don’t think I have inspired you in any way but just a gentle direction. You achieved the clarity and focus because you were ready and you were seeking it. I am sure that you will cross off everything on your list and what’s more you will have fun doing it! 🙂
What a lovely list, Gauri! And the best part is they’re all doable. Good luck, girl! Go strike them off. Hugs.
Thank you so much Corinne! I have already done quite a few things on my list thanks to the Law of Attraction 🙂 Have been a fun two months so far 🙂
Oh man! I have such a piddly list in front of your list :-\. And it feels so awesome right, ticking off a completed task!
It does! I walked home with pride when I bought those shoes… when I wrote that list it seemed like a Herculean task, but I am amazed how much of those I have already covered 🙂 Thanks to Leonie Dawson 🙂
Leonie Dawson is amazing. Thanks to her workbooks I set goals and I am super elated when I strike some off as done 🙂
I am yet to buy her workbook 😦
OMG 🙂 How did you really figure out the exact times to do something. Loved your list and Wishing you best of luck 🙂 Lotsa of love
I don’t Poornima! Thats the beauty! All I do is read them everyday and things just happen on their own 🙂
Love ur list Gauri and so many to do lists that bears similarity to mine..loads in fact:)
Pingback: Where love resides.. my dream of a home. | Mind Brew